Thursday, June 11, 2009

WORD UP! it's WordGirl!!!

So, my son's favorite superhero is now WordGirl.

I think he loves her because he's been raised on old school cartoons like Batfink, Scooby Doo, Underdog and the like. Not only does Wordgirl have some crazy villains--the most important part for him--but it has to be made by people who LOVE old cartoons.

I'm an English teacher, so I gotta love WordGirl.

And I'm me, so I gotta love things like today's episode, in which the villain Mr. Big sold WordGirl dolls that not only used bad grammar and pronunciation, but used mind control to get everyone to buy a bazillion accessories like limited edition gold-plated WordGirl back-scratchers. This is an idea channeled straight from the mind of my character Cassie!

I could go on and on, but as WordGirl said, when she got control of the mind-control recording device, "Go outside and play or read a book."

(first you can watch this teaser. WORD UP!!!!)
























4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.